The Head of Business Operations is a key member of the Country Leadership Team, and reports to the Country Manager. This role will anticipate, identify, understand, engage in, and support effective prioritization of issues and opportunities across the business and ensure initiatives are completed in a timely and effective manner. The Head of Business Operations will provide operational support to enhance organizational efficiency, goal clarity and alignment of activities between the key stakeholders. The Head of Business Operations will lead and be accountable for key projects across various commercial disciplines that have significant business impact in the market. He/she will ensure global/regional/local alignment and address diverse business needs with flexibility and streamlined decision making. He/she will partner with the LT to prioritize and execute key projects to ensure local business goals & outcomes are met within required timelines and compliance guidelines.
• Able to discuss a need with the Country Manager and/or LT and independently develop strategic options, leveraging a broad knowledge base about the Russian Business and the external marketplace.
• Works closely with the Country Manager and Head of Commercial Finance to set the direction for the annual Operating Plan process and owns the execution and quality of the plan, coordinating the work of the various members of the LT.
• Owns the risks & opportunities exercise and makes sure that plans are in place.
• Establishes systems and processes to share information and make well-informed decisions across the business; ensures overall effective resource utilization.
• Partners with the market Commercial Leads for the identification of new business opportunities that could originate to internal projects.
• Partners with the LT to develop the strategy for the future state operations from a structural and functional point of view.
• Works with the LT to identify opportunities for efficiencies in managing departmental expenditures.
• Applies and adheres to financial systems/processes and compliance requirements.
• Drives day-to-day operational support for the Country Manager's key interactions, meetings, presentations, etc. and ensures efficiency and effectiveness.
• Acts as a commercial point of contact with supporting functions.
• Ensures the operational performance objectives and supporting functions are well-defined, executed and delivered on time, and ensures the team mission and vision are aligned and support the overall Viatris vision.
• With support from Communications, partners on the communication strategy and implementation for the market to ensure consistent, engaging communications that reach all colleagues and supports overall communication efforts, such as town halls, team meetings, and others.
• Provides awareness to the Country Manager and LT of important issues affecting strategy and operations.
• Manages critical initiatives and efforts, including those related to transformations.
• Identifies the right set of capabilities & competences to staff the team based on prioritized projects and build needed local capabilities.
• Leads and follows up on all integration-related activities, such as LE rationalization, office consolidation, rebranding, etc.
• Monitors day to day operations and supports in assessing TSA exits & implementation versus what’s planned.
• Supports in SAP implementation, deliverables & stakeholders’ alignment.
• Monitors synergy targets implementation and P&L performance.
• Ensures activities are in full compliance with Viatris policy and legal obligations.
• Drives translation of Global strategies into actionable/executable deliverables for local rollout/implementation.
• Identifies, proposes, obtains agreement to, and guides the implementation of key projects which will address specific market needs with significant impact, and ensure successful achievement of planned outcomes. Project scope may be specific to Russia and/or include Global/Regional projects*
*These projects may include but are not limited to Strategic Projects:
ü Global and in-market initiatives including growth strategy;
ü Go to market transformation, portfolio prioritization;
ü Marketing support for new launches and portfolio shifts;
ü Efficiency / savings projects: portfolio rationalization, benchmarking, organizational assessments;
ü Ad hoc needs: special projects that do not fit the above (e.g., compliance, innovation pilot design)
• Bachelor’s Degree is a must in business administration, engineering, science, or similar disciplines.
• MBA or other relevant advanced degree preferred.
• 7-10+ years of working experience with preference in the healthcare industry.
• Extensive cross-functional project leadership.
• Commercial experience in functions such as marketing, sales, business development, strategic planning, business intelligence and similar.
• Demonstrated success managing project teams.
• Strategic planning, business development and portfolio experience.
• Ability to travel up to ~30% of year.
• Change leader with tenacity and persistence to drive mind-set/behavior.
• Project scoping / management.
• Structured thinking / thought partner.
• Ability to leverage ecosystem including outside-in perspectives.
• Ability to influence.
• Demonstrated ability to think and act strategically.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Demonstrated formal and informal leadership skills.
• Consistently demonstrates and models company’s values
• Conflict resolution and strong negotiation skills to achieve win-win resolution
• Ability to communicate effectively across all organizational levels