Medical and scientific support inside cross-functional team
· To direct and lead the professional clinical science base within Neurology
· Takes part in development and achievement of strategy, tactics, and operating plan advancing the marketing of Viatris products in appropriate TA(s)
· Provides scientific support and expertise to cross-functional team and other internal stakeholders with respect to promotional materials creation process, advertising and educational programs, clinical research, medical information, regulatory issues in compliance of ethical business principles.
· Challenges competitors’ claims and defending Viatris promotional materials when challenged
· Provides educational support inside cross-functional team as well as Field Force medical knowledge training in assigned TA(s).
· Collaborates with other cross-functional teams to align medical marketing across TA(s) and disease areas
· Contributes to development of regional and country Medical plans with commercial colleagues and TA leadership, ensuring local Medical needs are addressed
Interaction and support of other medical functions
· Supports Clinical Site Management in filling country/site feasibility questionnaires, contribute selection of Clinical Trial centers in Russia.
· Reviews regulatory, medical and safety materials from scientific point of view to ensure full compliance with local medical, regulatory and legal requirements
· Performs training and coaching to a younger medical colleagues
Medical and scientific support to key external stakeholders and develop professional skills
· Establishes peer-to-peer relationships with Key Medical Opinion Leaders (KOL), scientists, clinical and research leaders, institutions and centers in the country to foster Viatris's efforts to establish and maintain its therapeutic leadership position
· Performs as Non-Sponsored Research (NSR) manager in the appropriate TA(s) including timely upd ate of NSR information in the corporate system, submission of NSR projects for corporate approval, communication with Investigators, managing NSR financial contracts, assistance in publication of NSR results.
· Demonstrates appropriate knowledge and understanding of internal organization structure, key stakeholders and needs of company.
· Develops and brings in a line Individual Development Plan
Study Clinician Responsibilities (if applicable)
· Contributes development, review and approval of the Study Protocol
· Performs and document regular review of individual subject safety data and perform review of cumulative safety data with the safety risk lead (as delegated by the clinical lead). The specific components of safety data review are detailed in the Safety Data Review Guide.
· Project and process management - Demonstrated ability to manage projects and cross-functional processes
· Communication and presentation skills - Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with internal & external stakeholders
· Systems technologies - Understanding of the state-of-the-art technologies in order to support the evaluation of incorporating them into the organization
· Administrative excellence - Attention to detail evident in a disciplined approach to document training, adherence to SOPs, forecast to spend tracking, metrics, etc.
· Organizational skills - Works independently. Receives instruction primarily on unusual situations. Ability to organize tasks, time and priorities of self and others, ability to multi-task
· Understanding stakeholder needs - Seeks to develop an integrated view of key colleague issues to shape decisions and strategy development
· Achieving quality and excellence - Looks across and outside the organization for better ways of working – receptive/willing to other ways of thinking
· Initiating and Implementing change - Proactively manages change by identifying opportunities and coaching self and others through the change
· Interpersonal communications - Displays sensitivity to manage relationships and ability to build collaborative working relationships with colleagues and associates both within and external to the organization
· Influencing - Demonstrated ability to introduce new ideas and get them implemented. Effectively overcoming barriers encountered during the implementation of new processes and systems
· Teamwork - Is visible and well recognized within the country for promoting collaboration across functional boundaries
· Learning organization - Seeks to clarify feedback nondefensively to understand required improvement
· Customer Focus - Identifies and builds effective relationships with customers and other stakeholders
· Cultural awareness and sensitivity - Works well across functional and country boundaries, respecting communication, functional priorities and cultural differences in interpersonal relationships
· Graduate Medical Doctor degree, PhD is preferred
· Clinical experience preferably in the assigned TA(s)
· Experience in Medical Affairs and/or Clinical Development
· Fluent Business/Scientific English (verbal and written)
· Communications and presentation fluency
· Experience in developing strategy for pharmaceutical products
· Experience of conducting, managing, or participating in clinical studies
· Experience with medical/safety/regulatory/medical information operations
· Advanced computer skills (including Internet and search for medical information)
Compensation & benefits package:
· Competitive salary based on market benchmark
· Medical insurance
· Car and se t fuel/meal/phone limits
· Annual bonus based on the company incentive policy
· Professional development opportunities within the Company