INFORMATION ABOUT COMPANY
Swedish Orphan Biovitrum (Sobi) is an international rare disease company dedicated to providing access to innovative treatments that make a significant difference for people with rare diseases.
Sobi has three business areas:
- Specialty Care
The research and product portfolio is primarily focused on haemophilia, immunology, and genetic and metabolic diseases. In haemophilia, Sobi seeks to shape new standards, optimize treatment, build evidence, create sustainable access and provide community support in haemophilia care.
Sobi is an integrated biotechnology company with in-house capabilities that encompass the entire value chain, from research, to preclinical and clinical development, biologics manufacturing and supply, to patient access and distribution. This integrated approach is a prerequisite for providing proprietary drugs, and an enabler for partnerships, especially at early stages of drug development.
Sobi organization spans 25 countries, delivering treatments to patients in over 60 countries across the globe. Europe is the core market for the hemophilia franchise.
The Business Unit Head (BUH), Russia, is accountable for achieving Hematology and Immunology portfolio sales and income targets under his/her country leadership. The BUH reports directly to General Director, Russian, and will be a member Russian Leadership Team. The BUH will be responsible for oversight and leadership across all Russian activity related to business planning and commercial execution, including the conduct of multiple indication launches, implementation of commercial projects across business strategy, strengthening of the Sales and Marketing team, and talent development to support future expansion of the Business Unit.
The BUH will be leading the cross-functional Team in the country within an organization, ensuring incorporation of all relevant stakeholder input for maximizing results and growth opportunities. The BUD will work closely with local market access, pricing and policy to appropriately communicate value of our medicines and to drive rapid and sustainable patient access.
Our team is dedicated to delivering breakthrough innovations that extend and improve the lives of patients worldwide. Our team of forward-thinking individuals achieve this through an unwavering commitment to support accessibility to medicine, providing new therapeutic solutions, and collaborating with governments and payers to ensure that people who need medicines have access to them. Our focus is on innovation and launch execution excellence; we translate breakthrough science into innovative medicines that help people across the globe.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following main tasks:
- Exhibits transformational leadership in all areas of product management and sales, as well as demonstrates excellence in people management, personnel development, teamwork, and collaboration, by inspiring, energizing, mobilizing and empowering others.
- Coordinates sales and marketing planning and operational execution to ensure that the company commercial strategy, tactics and infrastructure are in place to successfully achieve new product launches, operating plans and critical milestones.
- Obtain and maintain strategic alignment with internal key stakeholders (Market Access, Medical) around new initiatives and development of a shared vision for the organization.
- Determines how resources can be arranged for maximum productivity, and impact initiatives will have on the organization and environment.
- Assumes ownership and accountability for the P&L and for achieving annual budget targets, in a highly strategic and competitive therapeutic areas.
- Proactively identifies business opportunities and supports appropriate pull-through. Conducts scenario planning, spots relevant patterns and issues, and assesses alternative solutions to inform better decisions.
- Challenges traditional assumptions, reframes problems, lays out a path, and generates belief in what is possible.
Qualifications, skills and competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Excellent oral and written skills in English
- More than 10+ years’ experience within the pharmaceutical sector, experience in Hematology will be a plus, 5+ years in managerial role.
- Strong experience managing and driving a P&L, i.e. budget, resources and profitability.
- Experience in marketing and sales, commercial operations, business development, people management, personnel development, project management.
- Commercial product launch experience and life-cycle management.
- Proven relationship-building capability with KOLs, regulatory bodies, customers
- Strong people management and leadership skills.
- Strong business acumen and strategic agility.
- Open and growth mindset.
Strong results orientation; Strong change management capability; Strong integrity and compliance mindset